Photography by themanuc
I realize that many of you may not know very much about me. Besides my fashion and travel addiction, the rest is up for question. Any of you avid readers might be able to point out my affection for versatile clothing and accessories, but since I don’t talk a lot about the personal details of life in my blogs, I’ve decided to share 10 things about me you may not know featuring my favorite Michael Kors booties and new denim overalls. So without further adieu, let’s get started!
1. Current residence: Marina del Rey, California! I love living on the west side. I lived in Studio City prior to MDR but knew it was time to move when I was driving to the beach every other day. I really enjoy being by the water and the easy access I have to the beach by bicycle/rollerblades is unbeatable.
3. I have two children: Nike and Rufio. They’re my little feline fur babies. I have always been an animal lover but I can seriously appreciate the independence and self-sufficiency cats possess. Both were adopted from the humane society, as most all of my pets usually are.
4. If I could live somewhere besides LA, I’d chose Spain. Despite my urges to travel to new places, I find myself always coming back. There’s something about Barcelona that really strikes a chord with me. I’m fascinated by the unique architectural influence Gaudi has left throughout the city and the sprawling sand beaches call my name on a warm and sunny day. Truthfully, my favorite part about Spain is the food. I could go on and on about it but then I’d never get to #5.
7. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up…still kinda am at heart. My best friends were always boys and my favorite past times were climbing trees and catching lizards and bugs. I also played sports all throughout my youth – Basketball, track, cheerleading, cross country, volleyball…and I was MVP for most, ahem.
8. I’m engaged! I have the most incredible, funny, loving, loyal man in my life and his name is Richie Chance. He’s what you would call a man’s man. We’ve been together for over 8 years and were engaged on January 31, 2013. Just don’t ask about a wedding date yet…that’s still a work in progress but needless to say, I can’t wait to be Mrs. Chance. 🙂 9. I do my own hair and makeup on a lot of shoots. Don’t get me wrong, I love to just show up and sip coffee while I get beautified but I also like to make sure I’ll be comfortable in my own skin. Being around, or the canvas of, a myriad of hair and makeup artists my whole life has taught me all of what I know and I am forever grateful.
10. Modeling has been a part of my life since I was 3 years old, but I’ve held many other jobs throughout the years including: arcade attendant, waitress, host, assistant at a law firm, MC, retail clerk, fitness representative, luxury real estate rental agent, customized ceramic painter and probably a couple other odd end jobs that weren’t significant enough to remember. One thing has always been consistent though, and that’s my involvement in arts and entertainment. This is a space where I feel most comfortable and knowledgable but I also make it a point to try new things outside of my comfort zone quite often. You never know where it can take you or how it will inspire you!