Summer is my absolute favorite time of year. The world seems alive and there is so much to see and do! Most notably, summer brings the warmth and plenty of afternoons spent under the sun. I certainly don’t like spending a lot of time getting ready for a beach day or brunch with a girlfriend but I also like to feel like I’ve put myself together. Lately, I’ve been using these products as my key essentials for creating a soft, fresh look when I’m on the go.
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Foundation – The Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay offers full coverage as well as SPF-15 which helps protect your skin against sun damage and premature aging.
Tarte Cosmetics Cheek Stain – Their cheek stain is a great way to add a pop of color to your face and it also adds a dewy, hydrated look.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – This is my all-time favorite concealer ever, ever, ever. I can’t emphasize that enough. It has the best coverage and a creamy texture that gives skin a smooth and porcelain like appearance. This is a must have no matter what the season.
Benefit Cosmetics Sun Beam Highlighter – I just discovered this baby a few months ago and really love the subtle shimmer it gives my skin. You need to use it sparingly but it’s guaranteed to make you glow like a goddess.
Lancome Juicy Lipgloss – Juicy tubes are where it’s at. These pocket-sized lip glosses give you just the right amount of sheer color and glazed goodness.
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – The mascara really finishes off the look for me since I don’t have very dark eyelashes. I always feel like I look a bit more awake once I put it on. I’ll probably never stop using this mascara no matter how old I get. It really is one of the best ones and you can’t beat the price.
A P P L I C A T I O N T I P S
- Always prep your face before applying makeup by cleansing and moisturizing
- Use NARS creamy concealer under your eyes to create a more ‘awake’ look
- Apply a small amount of cheek stain to the apples of your cheeks and use your fingers to blend
- Cheek Stains can also be used as lip stains
- Curl lashes before applying mascara. To retain a curl longer apply more mascara to the roots of your lashes than the ends
- Apply a waterproof mascara over your regular mascara for long lasting wear
- Use a small dab of the Benefit highlighter on your cheek bones, cupids bow and the bridge of your nose
- A small amount of lipgloss can also be used to create a dewy look by adding it your cheek bones or eyelids
What are some of your favorite summer essentials?